UHEW held its 2nd National Triennial Convention, virtually, from August 17 to August 20 – and what a success!
Although there were some technical issues, the delegation dealt with 37 of 58 Resolutions – including all resolutions with a recommendation of concurrence – adopted the budget and held elections for National and Regional Officer positions, alternates to the Regional Vice-President and delegates to the PSAC Convention. Congratulations to the new UHEW National Council:
- Shimen Fayad – National President
- Benoît Thibault – National Vice-President
- Robert Chafe – RVP, Newfoundland and Labrador; Richard Dollimount, Alternate RVP
- Todd Davies – RVP, NB/PEI; Tyler Augustine, Alternate RVP
- Marc Blanchard – RVP, Scotia-Fundy; Scott Mossman, Alternate RVP
- Karla Levangie-Connor – RVP, Atlantic
- Diane De Berardinis – RVP, Quebec 2; Christina Thériault, Alternate RVP
- Rubin Kooner – RVP NCR 1; Mike Lister, Alternate RVP
- Diane Girouard – RVP, NCR 2; Philip Griffin, Alternate RVP
- Kevin Lundstrom – RVP, Ontario 2; Tim Eddis, Alternate RVP
- Faye Kingyens – RVP, Manitoba; Jamie Bonner, Alternate RVP
- Larry Schlosser – RVP, Saskatchewan; Donald Racette, Alternate RVP
- Mark Gilchrist – RVP, Prairies and Northern; Jeremy Stewart, Alternate RVP
- Darlene Lewis – RVP, Alberta/BC; Jasmine Shields, Alternate RVP
- Richard May – RVP, BC/Yukon; Ann-Marie Friesen, Alternate RVP
- Rhonda Doyle-LeBlanc – UHEW National Human Rights Representative
The UHEW National office will be working with those regions where RVPs and or alternates were not elected.
We would like to thank the delegation for their hard work during the convention week – although it was held on virtual platform and the face-to-face camaraderie and networking was missed, UHEW has very solid mandate for the next 2 years.