In granting this award, National Council will be guided by the following:
- That the proposed recipient of this Award be a member in good standing or a former member who has retired, resigned, or has been transferred to another Component of the PSAC, and has held Local and/or National Executive
- A UHEW Local, Local member or National Council member may nominate an eligible recipient and the request must be submitted to the Component office. The application will be reviewed by the Honours and Awards Committee for evaluation and will provide a recommendation for National Council approval within 60 days.
- The decision with respect to granting this Award shall rest solely with the National Council and shall be final.
- The certificate for meritorious service will be presented to the member by the National President of the Union of Health and Environment Workers or their Representative.
- Presentation of the award will take place during the Triennial UHEW Convention. For those award recipients not in attendance, a separate presentation will be held at a Local or Regional level. Regional Vice-Presidents have the option of providing these awards at the Local and Regional levels.
- Meritorious awards are to be granted only once in a member’s lifetime.